"If you're burned out at work, you can't be your best self."
– Erika del Pozo, MOT, OTR/L
I’m Erika originally from Miami, Florida. You could describe this Cuban-American as quirky, passionate, and kombucha-obsessed.
I experienced burnout within the first two years of my occupational therapy career. I had an ugly-cry moment on a Wednesday afternoon in front of my coworkers. Little did I know, that was only the beginning of a long road of burnout.
As an ‘OTpreneur,’ educator, podcaster, and speaker, I have set off to create this brand inspired by my own painful experiences with burnout throughout my career. I became obsessed (still am) to create a community where I can uplift healthcare professionals.
I believe that if we can focus on growing ourselves and being role models at work, we can pave the way and reshape the culture of healthcare. I know there is no one-size-fits-all solution to burnout.
I also know that many problems that lead to burnout are deeply rooted in the healthcare system. That’s why I work hard to ensure the content created in the name of Joy Energy Time reflect the holistic, intertwined nature of the person, team, and organizational challenges as they relate to burnout.
get to know me:
- My husband Mike (physical therapist and co-host of our podcast show) is doing travel therapy now, and I am coming along for the ride! In the past year, we have lived in the Bay Area near San Francisco, southern California, near Seattle, and now in a small town in Washington.
- Second generation Cuban-American; fluent in Spanglish. AKA: A mix of English and Spanish.
- Virgo Sun, Capricorn Moon, Aries Rising. AKA: energetic perfectionist that loves work a bit too much.
- Enneagram 1. AKA: loves control and structure. And perfectionist again.
- Chronotype: Dolphin meets Bear with a hint of Lion. AKA: I am most alert earlier in the day, have trouble sleeping sometimes, and ideally like to go to bed around 11pm.
- Cat cafes make me happy cry. I love cats way too much.
- Current obsessions: plants, greenery, nature, kombucha, high top shoes, cafe con leche (always and forever), doing handstands, traveling, and reading research articles.
Erika del Pozo, MOT, OTR/L holds a BA in Dance and Master’s in Occupational Therapy from Nova Southeastern University. Erika has practiced in outpatient pediatrics for five years and also has experience working with older adults with progressive neurological conditions. Erika created a modified-dance curriculum for adults with Parkinson’s Disease in Boca Raton, FL in 2016. Erika served as an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University for three semesters, collaborating with Dr. Lambdin-Pattavina to teach Occupational Analysis and Human Interactions.
Erika’s special interests include promoting work well-being and burnout prevention in healthcare. She is CEO and founder of Joy Energy Time, a wellness community dedicated to empowering healthcare professionals to grow in their wellness practices and advocate to improve the industry. She is also the creator and co-host of the Burnt Out to Lit Up Podcast, a holistic wellness show for healthcare professionals.
Erika has worked with several distinguished continuing education agencies such as Occupationaltherapy.com and MedBridge Education, creating short and long evidence-based courses around holistic and multi-level approaches to address burnout and mental health in healthcare. She has also presented on burnout at both regional and national occupational therapy conferences.
Erika del Pozo, MOT, OTR/L Speaker Reel
Hire Erika to speak at your next event, be a guest on your show, or present at your organization:
info (at) joyenergytime (dot) com