Intuitive healer, psychic medium, Reiki master, and empath are a few words that describe Stephanie. We had the pleasure of connecting with Stephanie to talk all about energy, empaths in healthcare, chakras, and more. Stephanie has a Happy Empath’s Workbook which we mention frequently and refer back to in the show. Stephanie breaks down the do’s and don’ts for empaths in terms of protecting their energy, the function and imbalances of chakras, and interventions for restoring balance. Here are some takeaways from our conversation:
“Energy flows through us, and it’s really important for us to keep the energy points healthy and flowing very openly. If any of the chakras is experiencing blockages, you are going to be experiencing an emotional or physical symptom.” – Stephanie Jameson, psychic medium and intuitive healer
PROTECT YOUR ENERGY.
If you are an empath, you feel energies from those are you and are sensitive to those energies. Stephanie breaks down the difference between an empath and a highly sensitive person. They both share a low threshold for stimulation; the need for alone time; sensitivities to light, sound, and smell; and an aversion to large groups. In addition to being sensitive, empaths actually absorb energy from other people and different environments into our own bodies. Empaths and highly sensitive people find being around people can be draining, so they frequently need time alone in order to recharge. Working in demand settings like those that typically accompany healthcare can be quite draining and over-stimulating for empaths. Therefore, it is pertinent to the empath to have the alone time to recover from the day. Stephanie talks about energy vampires- those people that suck the energy out of empaths. One of the biggest things you can do as an empath is to be clear with your boundaries with people, which may be hard for the empath to do as they don’t enjoy confrontation and conflict and want to make everyone happy. Nevertheless, it’s an important piece that empaths must take to protect their energy!
LEARN WHAT EXACTLY IS THROWING YOU OFF.
Living in our day to day life, we aren’t aware of what is imbalanced and what is working for us. I have spent so many years of my life living from an imbalance place. I have operated from a place of fear, emotional insecurity, anxiety- all the fun things. Stephanie goes into detail about the seven main chakras in the body: root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and crown chakra. She also mentions the foot chakra which is especially important for empaths. She goes into the overall function of each one, what a balanced chakra looks like, what an imbalanced chakra looks like, and interventions to restore balance to each chakra. Overall, each chakra is associated with a body part or body system. When you can lean into what chakras are off balance and what that is doing to you and how you’re dealing with life now, you can restore balance and make these practices as part of your daily routine.
RESTORE BALANCE IN YOUR CHAKRAS.
I LOVED reading Stephanie’s Happy Empath’s book because she goes into detail on how to restore balance with each chakra and why it’s important. Here is a brief, quick look into interventions for restoring your chakras if they’re unbalanced:
- Root chakra: grounding, mindfulness, physical activity, releasing thoughts via journaling
- Sacral chakra: creativity, embracing sexuality, going with the flow, Kundalini yoga, feeling emotions
- Solar plexus chakra: breath of fire, physical activity, daily affirmations, music, cutting energetic cords
- Heart chakra: honoring your heart, acknowledging your self-worth, allowing yourself to receive, doing what makes you feel good, trusting
- Throat chakra: Speaking your truth, singing or screaming out loud, journaling, deep breathing
- Third eye chakra: seeing with your eyes closed, visualization exercises, paying attention to your diet, journaling, communicating with your spiritual team (God, universe, spirit guides, etc.)
- Crown chakra: allowing yourself alone time, paying attention to and honoring your recurring ideas, trusting yourself, choosing love