Jennifer George is physiotherapist on an inpatient rehabilitation unit. Her 13-year journey as a PT spans across acute care, rehab, outpatient orthopedics, community care, and long-term care.
In all of these areas, she always lead with a progressive and functional approach to care. She believes there are no limits to one’s own growth and potential and encourages her patients to focus on the progressive solutions to their every day challenges.
Throughout her career and personal journey of being a caregiver, Jennifer has focused on the importance of positive communication as the care delivered in our healthcare system.
This led to publishing her first book, Communication is Care: 9 Empowering Strategies to Guide Patient Healing, which reached bestseller status on Amazon in medical reference and community care categories upon its launch.
Communication is Care: 9 Empowering Strategies to Guide Patient Healing – is a nonfiction guide that educates healthcare providers on how to communicate with patients to create more empowering experiences and outcomes.
Jennifer is also a strong advocate for personal growth, development, and building community among healthcare professionals. Her ongoing journey of living in integrity and purpose has also led her to hosting The Healthcare Provider Happy Hour Podcast.
Through her podcasting platform, Jennifer creates a safe space for healthcare providers to unapologetically be themselves after their working day. She also shares ideas to help healthcare providers transform stress to success and fulfillment.
Jennifer is on a mission to help clinicians everywhere focus on their own health and well-being. She mentors current and future healthcare providers on discovering their purpose, achieving fulfillment, and bringing out the best in themselves and their patients everyday.
In this episode we discuss:
- Jennifer’s experience with the medical care of her late father and how she believes the “soft skills” like compassion, understanding, and communication are under-emphasised in PT education
- Jennifer’s experience with toxic work environments and burnout and how she used those experiences in her coaching, and some of her red flags to identify the problem areas
- Her ways to cultivate positive communication in the workplace
- Strategies for prioritizing personal well being
- How self care is a conscientious journey